Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sunday Scores and Steals Haul 3/09

Welcome to the haul episode of Sunday Scores and Steals for 3/9/14. My Mom is currently still fighting like mad to overcome the complications of her open heart surgery. She is taking small baby steps towards recovery. Overall, she is doing well considering; but sometimes we forget that healing will go at her pace and now ours. We do have a family room at the hospital and are spending all of our time at the hospital. Someone is here with her 24/7. Sunday I managed to escape and stop by CVS for a few things we needed in order to make life a bit more comfortable for us while we are staying at the hospital. 



Brittnee from Beauty Product a Day and I outline some great sales for you each week. This post is my haul from this week's sales at CVS. Although I didn't buy much but I did find a few great bargains. So without further ado let's get to the goods.   

Suave Moroccan Shampoo and Conditioner; plus Suave Lotion $0.25 each! 
This deal came at just the right time. Suave Professionals Shampoo, Conditioners and Stylers, as well, as Lotions are currently on sale for $3.00 each. The Sunday paper had coupons for for $1.50 off each item. CVS is offering $4.00 Extra Care Bucks when you spend $12.00. I also had a CVS coupon from the Coupon Center for $1.00 off two lotions. Therefore, once you deduct all of the discounts, I spent only $0.25 each for all for of these items. 

Lancaster Vanilla and Caramel Soft Cremes $0.49. 
The CVS Coupon Center is dispensing $2.00 off Lancaster Soft Cremes and the paper had a $1.50 off coupon. The two coupons combined discounted the $3.99 treats by $3.50; therefore, these little gems are only $0.49 each. I had never heard of this brand; but I figured anything with caramel might be a nice treat while spending hours in the hospital. They are quite delightful and we wish we could get more for only $0.49. Looks like my sister needs to make a trip to CVS.



I haven't the slightest idea of the price on the Trim Salon Boards but I did use my 20% shopping pass. I received a $1.50 coupon from the Coupon Center for the St Ives scrub. In addition to the coupon I used my 20% shopping pass. Both of these were reasonably priced. Truthfully speaking my receipt is in my coupon file in the car and I am just not willing to walk over to the parking garage to get it. I will update this post when I actually get off my backside and go get my box. 

L'Oreal True Match Concealer $2.19 each
I love this concealer and usually have one hanging in my purse as well as my makeup bag. They provide excellent coverage and are easily blendable. Both of mine are getting quite low so I figured I would take this opportunity to purchase backups. They normally sell for $8.99 each but I had a coupon for $3.00 off each then when you consider that CVS was offering $4.00 Extra Care Bucks, I managed to scored two of these bad boys for $2.19 each! Actually less when you consider that I used my 20% savings pass. 

Revlon Super Lustrous in Wine with Everything $2.99
CVS has a great offer on Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick or Lipgloss. They are on sale for $6.99 plus you get $4.00ECB back. Even though, I didn't have a coupon the final cost of this fabulous lipstick is only $2.99. I have been wanting a brick red shade in a creme formula and this seemed to fit the bill quite nicely. 

Maybelline Color Show $1.50 each

Apparently, I almost forgot about these little guys. CVS was offering $3 Extra Care Bucks if you spend $10.00. Each of these were $4.29 and I had a $1.00 coupon off each. I also applied my 20 percent savings pass which dropped the price of these to less than $1.50 each. 

Ok, so a couple of these items were not 'necessities' but they are certainly nice additions. Plus it's fun to have a couple of new things to play with when one is stuck in a hospital for day. Approximately ten days, maybe two weeks, ago I had some Extra Care Bucks which were about to expire so I went to CVS to see what goodies I could find. This is what I managed to pick up. 


The coupon center dispensed a $4.00 off any Almay Cosmetic. With sale and coupon this little guy was only $0.99. I have not heard great reviews but for 99 cents I wanted to take on a test drive for myself. This is by no means a review but I think the pigmentation speaks for itself. This feels more like a glittery top coat than a stand alone shadow. I'll play with it some more to give it a fair shake. 



I bought new lipsticks from the CoverGirl Bombshell line. I purchased a great shade for everyday wear and and a really fun bright one.  The first one I chose was Tantalize which is a mauve nude and we know I love my nude lippies. Although I am beginning to branch out and embrace the bright side.



I also purchased Bombshell which is a vibrant, bright pink. This color is bold! This color has me really looking forward to sunshine and summer. Unfortunately I do not remember what I paid for each of these lipsticks but it was not more than $4.00 each.

For everything you have missed you have gained something else, and for everything you gain you lose something else. It is about your outlook towards life. You can either regret or rejoice.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.