Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday Scores and Steals 3/2 Haul

Welcome to my blog where the only thing that's sunny is my disposition. We are in the middle of a late winter-snow-sleet-frigid-thunderstorm with temps well below freezing and a wind chill reaching -15 degrees. In addition to the weather, I've had a bit of a car problem. It seems that I managed to blow a spark plug right out of my engine. The threads into which you screw a spark plug are completely gone. Yep, I killed it good. Despite the brutal weather and dead car I still managed to make it to CVS for my weekly shopping trip. 


This is my childhood neighborhood where my parents still live. There is a layer of black ice underneath the snow that now covers the roads. 

Crest Pro Health for $0.74 and Colgate Optic White for $0.50 each. 
The first deal is the Crest Pro-Health which is on sale for $4.99 and I had a $1.00 off coupon and I received $3.25 in Extra Care Bucks back. It brings the cost of this Crest Rinse to $0.74. The Colgate Optic White is $5.49 each but by spending $20.00 I received $10.00 ECB back. In addition I had four $1.50 off coupons. I had also received a 20% off coupon for all regularly priced items which brought the cost of the toothpaste down to roughly $0.50 each. 

Venus Razor $0.99 and CVS Shave Gel $2.23
This week select Venus Razors are on sale for $9.99 and I had a coupon for $4.00 off. I received $2.00 ECB back. I also had a coupon for $3.00 off a $10.00 purchase of razors, shave creams and depilatory items. Since the razor was only $9.99 I had to buy another item to push the total over $10.00. While I was not able to use my 20% coupon on the razor I was able to use it on my shave gel.  

Old Spice Deodorant $3.49 and Old Spice Body Spray Free
Old Spice items are currently buy one get one 50% off and I had a coupon for buy a deodorant and get the body spray for free. I did not receive any ECB for this deal but my 20% discount did apply to the deodorant.

Sally Hansen Triple Shine and Xtreme Wear $0.50 each
Sally Hansen Triple wear is $4.79 each and I had two coupons for $2.00 off each. The Xtreme Wear was $2.99 and I sadly had no coupons. In addition Sally Hansen is spend $10.00 receive $5.00 ECB back.  I was able to use my 20% off shopping pass which left the cost of each of these polishes at less than $0.50 each.


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes $1.15 each

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush normally sells for $7.79 but today I had two $3.00 off any Maybelline item from their Dream line. Plus I was able to use my 20% shopping pass and $3.00 ECB back. That left the price of these little gems at $1.15 each. 


Physicians Formula Eye Booster $3.99
While I prefer the thinner pen in the silver tube my CVS was out of that particular eyeliner. So I decided to give the fat one a try. Truthfully, I already have a backup of the thinner pen; so I figured why not try the thick pen to see if it's as great as the thin one. This one has a felt tip as opposed to the brush tip that is so amazing. I'll let you know how this goes. This pen sells for $10.99 and I received $7.00 ECB back which brought the cost to $3.99. A great bargain for this eyeliner!  

$23.53 for all pictured plus four Colgate Optic White and Crest ProHealth.
Overall, I spent $22.53 and received $30.00 back in Extra Care Bucks. According to my husband I robbed CVS legally. I saved over $75.00 and received more in ECB than I spent. I would definitely say that was a huge win!! 

There is a moment in every dawn when light floats, there is a possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath. ~Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.