Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Mar 2014

Welcome to Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Where I take a look at my Ipsy subscription to determine if the subscription is worth the $10.00 per month I spend to receive it. Just in case you are wondering Ipsy is a monthly subscription that costs $10.00 per month for 4-5 beauty product and a cute bag too. I love receiving that bright pink bubble envelope in the mail each month.  You can choose to visit your Glam Room prior to receiving your bag so that you'll be aware of what it coming or you can choose to be surprised. I like being surprised but I always peek. 

Ipsy Destination Beauty March 2014

I am absolutely delighted with this month's bag. First off, the super cute bag is a Klari design representing San Francisco. The theme is Destination Beauty. We only received 4 products this month but they were really great products. 

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer

First off is the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer. This is an skin toned primer with beautiful luminescence to it. Primers can make or break a makeup looks. If your makeup isn't lasting throughout the day then it could be your primer. No matter how beautiful and fresh it looks when you put it on, if it doesn't stay then what's the point? This .4oz deluxe sample carries a $9.00 value. NYX Love In Rio

Next is the NYX Love in Rio trio. Now I love NYX shadows but I have found that the trios and palettes just don't quite live up to the awesomeness that is a NYX single shadow. I am hopeful for this adorable little trio but I expect it will disappoint. This full trio retails for $5.99. In the swatch below you can tell that the pigmentation isn’t all that great. I will admit that that the swatch is on bare skin so maybe when it’s over a primer it will perform better.

Chella Eyeliner Pen

Next is the Chella Eyeliner Pen in Indigo Blue. I am over the moon with this shade. It’s absolutely stunning. It’s a deep blue and the formula seems flows easily through the felt tipped pen. I love that the tip comes to a long fine point. It’s flexible enough to work with; yet firm enough to get a precise line. I can’t wait to test this guy out to see how well it lasts. This full size product is .034fl oz and sells for $24.00.

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie

Last but certainly not least is the Marvelous Moxie lipstick in the shade Get Ready. This appears to be a great MLBB shade for me. I love this shade and am looking forward to trying it out. I hear great things about this lipstick and can’t wait to discover whether or not it lives up to all the hype. This adorable deluxe sample is .05oz and carries a value of $7.50.

20140316_120249_3

As you can see by the swatches the NYX Love in Rio trio has decent pigmentation but nothing amazing. I am hoping that it will translate well when worn over a primer and placed on the lids. I am absolutely in love with the shade of the Chella Eyeliner Pen. I love that the blue is deep enough to register as a dark color but bold enough that you notice the blue. The Pixi Primer seems delightful and I love the shade of the Marvelous Moxie lipstick. Overall the value of this month’s Ipsy bag is $46.49 which makes this bag a great value especially since I think I will really enjoy everything in this bag.

 

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well. ~Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.