Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday Scores and Steals 1/19/14

Welcome, if your new here, to Shalunya & Boyet and welcome back, if your not so new. Today is another episode of Sunday Scores and Steals. It's a new weekly series where I show you how I used coupons and sales to score some big bargains.

I didn't do much in the way of shopping. I just went to CVS to pick up a few things, mostly necessities but I won't bore you with the details of razor blades, deodorant and toothpaste. Luckily CVS had emailed me a 20% off coupon for any regularly priced item.


I only three beauty items this week. The new Physician's Formula Organic Wear CC Mascara. The new CoverGirl Bomshell Shineshadow and Bombshell lipstick. I was hoping to score some of the new L'Oreal Extraordinaire Lip Colors but my store doesn't yet have any available. They do have two new L'Oreal displays still int the boxes, so I'm hopeful that they will get them soon. 


The new Physician's Formula Organic Wear Curl and Care Masacara retails for $9.99 but it was 40% off and there was a $3.00 off coupon attached to the packaging. So I paid about $3.00 for this mascara. I really like the original formula in the green tube; I am hopeful that this new formula will perform as well as the original formula. The biggest visible difference is that the it has a curved wand as opposed to a straight one. I was tempted to get the new CC balm because the 40% sale combined with the $3.00 coupon makes for a great bargain but the one shade they have, light, seems too dark for me. So it stayed there. 


When I saw swatches online of the new CoverGirl Bombshell Lipstick in Delicious, I knew it had to be mine. It's no secret that I like a good nude lipstick. Now, this isn't a nude per se, but it feels like a mauve toned nude. I only have a couple CoverGirl lipsticks and I'm not terribly fond of either color I have. 
CoverGirl Bombshell Lipstick in Delicious. 
I am just absolutely over the moon with this color. It's a perfect my lips but better color for me. I suspect I might fall head over heals for this little Bombshell. 

CoverGirl Bombshell ShineShadow in Gold Goddess
These little guys are cropping up all over the place. At first I wasn't really interested but the more I kept seeing how gorgeous they are the more intrigued I became. I decided to go for the color I'd heard the least about. I had a hard time finding swatches for it. I didn't want it to feel unloved. So it came home with me. 

CoverGirl ShineShadow in Gold Goddess with flash (middle) and without flash (right)
The texture of these is really interesting! They are very light, easy blendable and very shiny. The photo above shows the true color of the shadow on the right but once you add flash you can see the true shine factor to this product. The bad news is that the expiration date is only 6 months! So if you buy these use them quickly. The CG lipstick is $7.99 the ShineShadow is $8.99 but I used a 20% off CVS coupon and a $5 off $15 which brought the cost of both down to $11.98 and I received $5.00 Extra Care Bucks to spend on my next visit. 

I hope you enjoyed another installment of Sunday Scores and Steals. I am really enjoying showing you all of my weekly purchases and explaining how I get such great deals. If you have any questions about  using coupons at CVS please feel free to ask in the comments below. Have you tried any of the ShineShadows or other products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.