Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sunday Scores and Steals 1/12/14

Welcome to Shalunya and Boyet. I'm Shalunya and I talk a lot about makeup because it helps me cope with a difficult chronic neurological condition. Today I am starting a new series called 'Sunday Scores and Steals'. My sister and I enjoy couponing and every Sunday we hit up the stores to see what goodies we can find on the cheap. I will be sharing those goodies and explaining what sales I used in order to save big bucks. If I mention a sales program or tool that you are unfamiliar with please check my 'Coupons' tab above.



At Ulta, I picked up the new Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and a Montange Jeunesse Dead Sea Face Spa mask. I, also, picked two eyeshadows from the Beauty Beats collection from Essence. 


The silver shade is 'As Long As You Love Me' and the purple one is 'Baby, Baby, Ooh!' Including all sales and coupons I paid $8. I had a $3.50 off $10 coupon and the Essence shadows were Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. 



At Target I always stop by the dollar spot and this time I found the EOS Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry. Then I moved on to clearance where I found some amazing bargains.  I found a Burt's Bees kit which contained the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter which was only $2.99.  I bought a Nivea holiday tin containing two Raspberry Rose Kiss Lip Butters and a Kiss of Shimmer Radiant Lip Care for $3.24. I found a great NYX set which contained two eyeshadows in Nude and Golden Amber, Roll On Shimmer in Almond, Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Glam Black, and a beautfiul set of eyelashes EL110 Illumination. This set was only $4.98.

NYX Holiday 2013 Set - Illumination Lashes, Glam Black Glam Liner, Nude Eyeshadow, Golden Amber Eyeshadow and Almond Roll On Shimmer,. 

Last, but not least, was a trio of NYX Glosses in Nude Peach, Biege and Sugar Pie which was also $4.98. Including all of the sales and discounts I paid a little over $16.

NYX Gloss in Beige, Nude Peach and Sugar Pie

Last stop for the day was CVS. Where I purchased Garnier Shampoo and Conditioner for only $0.99 each! They were on sale for $2.99 and I had four coupons from the Sunday paper for $2.00 off each bottle. Next up, is the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream which is a favorite of mine. They normally sell for $8.29 at my CVS. I had two $2.00 off Sunday paper coupons, $5.00 Extra Care Bucks and 20% off CVS email coupon. This left my price at $6.00 for both and I received $5.00 Extra Care Bucks back to spend next time. 


The NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Flirty was $1.99 and I received 20% off which left the total at $1.60. 

NYX Expert Last Lipstick in Flirty

Next was the L'Oreal Infallible Shadows in Bottomless Java and Golden Emerald. These normally sell for $8.99 and I used two $1.00 off coupons, $5.00 Extra Care Bucks and 20% coupon. Leaving my total for both of these guys at $8.80 and received $5.00 Extra Car Bucks to spend next time. 

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bottomless Java and Golden Emerald

Next up is the new Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow which retails for $10.99 and the Revlon Matte Balm in  Shameless for $8.99. I was able to us $2.00 Revlon face product coupon and a $1.00 Revlon lip coupon, $7.50 Extra Care Bucks and 20% discount which brought both of these items down to $7.50 and I received $7.00 Extra Care Bucks to spend next time.  

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow

Revlon Matte Balm in Shameless

I hope you enjoyed 'Sunday Scores and Steals' and look forward to seeing what treasures I can find next week. If you would be interested me doing a post on all of the beauty related sales for the week just let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.