Saturday, January 18, 2014

Miracle Complexion Sponge vs Beauty Blender Sponge

Welcome back! I say welcome back as I know that many of my readers are eagerly awaiting this post. This post is a head to head competition between the original Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. The original Beauty Blender revolutionized the makeup sponge. Finally a product had come along that gave foundation a flawless finish; but it came at a price. 

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge vs the original Beauty Blender

On the left is the challenger, the Miracle Complexion Sponge (MC) by Real Techniques. On the right is the champion, the original Beauty Blender (BB). Please excuse the stains on both sponges. They are both well used and well loved. You prepare both sponge the same way, you want to wet the sponge and squeeze the sponge out. Both sponges grow in size when they are damp. So far both sponges are completely even. Ok, the BB may be slightly ahead but only because I think that pink is cuter than orange. 


Let's talk about the texture. They both sponges feel the same in my hand, as well as, when disbursing the foundation on my face. They both leave the foundation smooth and flawless. The sponges is soft and fluffy when being pressed against my face. Performance wise, both sponges perform equally well. The big difference is that the MC sponge has a pointed end like the BB; but on the other end it has a flat chiseled end rather than a rounded end. I have found the flat side on the MC works really well for applying foundation which makes for a quicker application. 


I have noticed a couple of small problems with my BB. It is already getting these small nicks in it. I've only had for about a month. Also, when I wash it the pink dye bleeds. 


The verdict: The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge wins. Not only does it provide a slight edge in application time due to it's unique design but it clearly wins on value. The MC sponge retails for $5.99 whereas the BB sells for $19.95. It is recommended to replace your sponge every three months and I would much rather pay six dollars than twenty. While I truly enjoy the Beauty Blender, I won't repurchase it. I will, however, always have a Miracle Complexion Sponge on hand. Once again, Real Techniques gets the job done beautifully and leaves us more money to spend on the pretty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.