Thursday, January 16, 2014

An Overview of Essence Eyeshadows

Welcome to my cheery little blog where I love talking about makeup. My darling friend Shannel over at A Little Over Thirty loves using Essence products. She always looks beautiful so I figured I needed to check them out. Since she lives halfway around the world, I wasn't sure if Essence was available in the states. Luckily it is available at Ulta and it's super affordable. So today, I wanted to talk to you about some of the Essence shadows that I own. 

Sampling of Essence shadows

Essence shadows are available in single pan, duos, quads and in eight pan palettes. The textures are different from product to product and sometimes from shadow to shadow but across the board these shadows are amazing. Most of their shadows are shimmery but if you look hard enough you can find a few satin shades. 

Random swatches from Essence single, quad, octo and duo pan palettes. 

As you can see from the sampling of the swatches, there is one from each palette, all of the shadows have great color payoff. Some of them are a bit sheerer than others but all of them build up to fully opaque easily with a couple swipes. 

Essence Night Club Already Midnight

The Essence Night Club palette in Already Midnight is an amazing palette which retails for under $5. This is a great smoky eye palette that has a stunning pop of turquoise blue. All eight of these shadows have shimmer to them; but, the colors are so rich. 

Three random swatches from Already Midnight

This pigmentation rivals Wet n Wild and the price point is about the same. These shadows are buttery soft, blend well and have great staying power. 

Essence Quattro in Purple Day
This is most likely my favorite Essence palette. I love it because the colors are so vibrant. The deep purple and bright magenta shades are a satin finish as they have just the slightest sheen to them. The read like a matte on the lid but they do have a touch of sheen to them. These are priced at less than $4.00.

Essence Purple Day taupe shade and bright magenta shade. 
Again these shadows have killer pigmentation and are so easy to apply and blend. I am always amazed at how creamy these shadows feel when applied to the skin. 

Essence 3D  in Irresistible Caramel Cream
The Essence 3D duo in Irresistible Caramel Cream is a beautiful shimmery deep champagne with a shimmery deep brown taupe. If you are looking for a shimmery shadow to add a lot of depth and dimension to your eyes, look no further. This is the shadow for you. It's absolutely stunning on the eyes. The 3D duos are priced at $3.49.

Essence 3D in Irresistible Caramel Cream

These shadows are so easy to apply and look gorgeous on the eyes. They have some fun colors in the 3D range and I need to pick up a few more.

Essence Beauty Beats in As Long As You Love Me and Baby Baby Ooh! 
The Beauty Beats collection is the limited edition Justin Bieber collection. These are the only two single pan shadows I own from Essence but the texture feels the same as their permanent shadows. Now some single shadows do have a glittery overspray but neither of these shadows did. The singles retail for $2.49. 


Essence Beauty Beats in As Long As You Love Me and Baby Baby Ooh! 
The pigmentation on the single shadows is right on par with the rest of the Essence collection. They are super creamy and blendable. I am so impressed with this line. The prices are already very affordable; but, frequently, Ulta has a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. I would highly recommend giving them a shot because the pigmentation is amazing, the texture is beautiful and they are just fantastic.

I hope you liked this overview of Essence shadows and I hope I inspired you to give them a go. I would love to know if you own any Essence shadows or any other Essence products. Please be kind enough to let me know in the comments below. I appreciate your comments and will always respond to them. I hope you are having a glorious day!

Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It's not something physical. ~Sophia Loren


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.