Saturday, November 16, 2013

Versatile Blogger Award


The Versatile Blogger Award is to honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then. In case you didn't know the Versatile Blogger Award actually has it's own blog! I was awarded this amazing award from the lovely Neya from Neya V Beauty Talk who is an amazing blogger, YouTuber and even more fantastic woman. Kindly go show her blog and her YouTube channel some love. Neya, thank you so much for the award I greatly appreciate it.



Way back in July 2010 I was previously awarded the Versatile Blogger Award and my previous Versatile Blogger Award can be found here. My blog has changed dramatically since then and I am pleased to still be blogging more than 3 years later. I guess that truly does make me a versatile blogger.

The Rules, per the Versatile Blogger Award website, are short and simple

If you are nominated, you've been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award


  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That's common courtesy.
  • Include a link to their blog. That's also common courtesy.
  • Next select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly. 
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award - you might include a link to the site.
  • Finally, tell 7 things about yourself. 
So on with the fun! If you haven't figured it out by now I'm a visual girl so I love posting pictures. 

1. My childhood home is my North Star. It's true North on my compass and I still use it to recharge my battery often (or maybe my laptop battery as that's where I am now!) My parents moved into their starter home in September 1970 when I was 14 months old and they still live there today. And they do a pretty awesome Christmas lights display. 


2. I've been taken to secret rooms in Korea to buy knock off purses. The shop owner locked her shop; then took me to the adjoining furniture store. We went out the back door of the furniture shop which she locked behind us. Then she led us into the tiny secret purse room and she locked that door behind us too. I bought a gorgeous Louis Vuitton for around $40. 

3. I enjoy eating potatoes, raw. Always have and always will.

4. The last text I sent to my son was random song lyrics. "And Katie had a baby, so I guess Tom's straight."  Please feel free to leave your song and artist guesses in the common box below. 


5. I began cataloging my beauty collection in 2010 before I began blogging about it. 

6. I grew up strict Southern Baptist and almost didn't get to go to my senior prom. I threatened to run away from home just to go. I told my parents that they would look silly calling the police to tell them their daughter had run away but they could find her at the prom. 

7. I handmade a rainbow tutu and I have worn this tutu to a gay pride event. Yes I am shameless. No I am not gay, nor is anyone in my family. I have several friends that are I love all of them dearly. It is actually a white tutu with rainbow tips. My friend's tutu is black with rainbow streaks which I made as well. 


I hope you enjoyed hearing a little more of the craziness that is my life. I certainly have lived a crazy, wonderful, beautiful life and there's lots more to come. I sincerely hope that all of you are living life to the fullest as you never know what tomorrow will bring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.