Friday, November 29, 2013

Maybelline Color Elixir

Welcome to my happy little blog smack dab in the middle of cyberspace. I talk a lot about makeup and a little about illness, life, and other stuff. Today we will be discussing the new Maybelline Color Elixirs. I realize that these have been out for several weeks and I'm probably late to the dance. But I thought I would go ahead and share my opinions with you anyway.

Maybelline Color Elixir in Dashing Orchid

I am not really sure which way is up here because as a gloss the cap would be on top and as a lipstick the bullet would be on top. Hmmmm. Maybelline's website says, " A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm and the glass shine of a gloss. Our exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers a polished, even application and smoothing sensation to the lips." I will admit that it has great pigmentation and great shine. 


I will also agree that I really like the applicator. It is soft, smooth and does a great job of delivering the color to the lips. There are 20 different shades which is a nice selection for a new range of products. There are some cream shades and some shimmer shades but the shimmer shades are not overly shimmery. It's a great shad selection and the colors are beautiful. The color I purchased Dashing Orchid is absolutely beautiful. 

Maybelline Color Elixir in Dashing Orchid


So sounds great and I should theoretically be telling everyone to go buy this product. There's just a little problem. The smell and taste! They smell like old lady perfume and they taste like old lady perfume. It's that overbearing chemical taste that seems to linger in your mouth. I have tried on several occasions to wear this because I love the look of the product when it's on my lips. I just cannot keep it on my lips. I always end up wiping it off. This product might be work if you have dead taste buds but if they are alive and well I would steer clear of this product. I hate to say that because I really want to love this product; but I just can't get behind something that tastes this awful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.