Saturday, November 2, 2013

Girls Being Good, No Buy November


Welcome to Shalunya and Boyet, it's just a happy little blog about celebrating the simple things in life like friends, love, family, health and makeup! November is about family, food and giving thanks. We should be thankful for all that we have been given and take time to enjoy what we have.


My beautiful, wonderful, amazing friend Liz from My Pretty Obsessions and I have decided to put ourselves on a no buy for the month of November. Now I know what all of you are thinking. November is when all the pretty Christmas sets go on sale and there's the crazy Black Friday sales. We know, we understand and we are still determined to go on a no buy.


I would like to take a moment to explain that my collection is obscene. No one person needs this amount of makeup and I have no need to purchase anything further. I have been blessed with so many things including my large makeup collection. It's time for me to start getting creative with what I own instead of continuing to collect more things. 


I am going to start this no buy with things for which I am thankful. I am thankful for my no buy buddy Liz. She and I have gotten to know each other recently and she's a completely amazing young woman. She's listened to me when I needed vent. Everyday, she reminds me of what a wonderful person I am. There is this sense of friendship and love that brought the two of us together. Liz, you are like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, you are such a blessing to me.


Teri from School Belle Beauty is a YouTuber rather than a blogger but I won't hold that against her. She an amazing woman with a heart of gold and she's my neighbor. Even though we haven't had the chance to meet in person yet I am hopeful that 2014 can make that magic happen. Teri reminds me frequently that just having a friend to talk to and that understands can make any situation more bearable. Terri, thank you for just understanding. No matter what I'm facing, I know you've got my back. You are a blessing for which I am thankful.


There are so many other bloggers that have touched my life in ways much larger than you understand. 
Jackie from Five Two Certified you deserve all the 'Applause' as you make me smile all the time.Julie and Ashley from Twenty Thirty Glam, you two beauties remind me and the rest of us that it's ok to be who we really are. Renny from Sincerely Renny so modest and sweet you inspire me in ways you'll never know. My girl, Saffy from Saffy Style you have more strength, character and beauty than you think you do. You'll grow into it, trust me.  Glossy Glamblog I'm blown away by the words you've said to me. You don't realize how I replay those words in my head. 


Louise from Kinder Health and Beauty you inspire me. I've learned more from you than you think I have. Rodneya from Neya V Beauty Talk you have such a big heart, you are so busy; yet, you make us all feel loved. Sik Glam it's in everything that goes unsaid, it's in the little details that sometimes go unnoticed. Bear Tiggy from Mr Bear's Little Room you are so beautiful and offer such quiet grace. Someday you'll roar until then never doubt yourself. Shannel from A Little Over Thirty my beautiful, gracious friend. You are perfectly you, never change. 


Cella from For the Love of Beauty you challenge me in the most beautiful way. You make me want to get out of my comfort zone. Sissi for Beauty4Free2U I've got so much love for you. Thank you for understanding what so many others don't. It's not easy but it's worth it. Laurie from The Makeup Squid you are one smart cookie. You are the definition of amazing. Cynthia from Cdel Beauty I give you all the credit for introducing me to all these beautiful ladies.  Lily from Beauty with Lily you're beautiful, kind and southern. The world needs more like you. Britnee, Tania, Chelsea, Ebony. Elizabeth, Vanessa, Ashley, Vero, Jannatul, Jessica, Heather, Hope, Leigh-Ann, Zoe, Betti and so so many many more. I tried to remember everyone but if I have forgotten you it's not because I don't love you, it's because my memory is horrible. There are so many new friends that I have made that mean so much to me. There's not enough hours in the day to say all the wonderful I feel for you. 

If you would like to join Liz and I in our Girls Being Good, No Buy November please post the links to your no buy posts below so everyone cheer you on too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.