Saturday, November 9, 2013

Confessions of a Blogger Tag

Welcome to my happy little blog where I talk a lot about makeup and being happy. I talk a little about my chronic neurological condition and how I use beauty products to help me cope with it. This post is the Confessions of Blogger Tag.  I was tagged by the beautiful, kind, sweet and amazing Renny. She is half a world away but I still consider her my blogger sister and most importantly my friend. Please take a moment to go check out her blog at Sincerely Renny


1. When did you start your blog?
My first post was June 21, 2009; but what's more significant than the date was the fact that I was in a dark place. It was four years after neurosurgery and my health was stable but I had completely lost who I was.

2. Have you had any past online presence before? (Other Blog or YouTube)
I built my first 'blog' in 1998 but that was before the word blog was used or even existed.

3. Why did you start a blog?
At the time I thought it was a more of diary because I struggle with memory issues. I didn't realize that it would chronicle my journey of finding myself.

4. When did you become serious about a starting a blog?
Pass, I can't really answer that question because when I started my 'blog' I didn't realize it was supposed to be serious.

5. What was your first post?
My first post was lame. Trust me. However, if you need to see for yourself. it can be found below.


6. What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
Figuring out what my blog was supposed to be or is it figuring out who I'm supposed to be.

7. Where do you see your blog in one year?
I will say that I will have gained more readers and built deeper relationships with other bloggers.

8. What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
This one is super easy. It's the people I have met through blogging. There are some beautiful souls in this world and I have been able to connect with them through the amazing world of the blogosphere.

9. What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
This is where you would expect me to say, "Being diagnosed with a birth defect that went undetected for 36 years." But I'm not going to say that. I am going to say that losing myself and losing the desire to be happy. Being seriously depressed can become a self fulfilling prophecy. You expect everything to be miserable; consequently you manage to find the misery in everything. The opposite is true, as well. You expect everything to be wonderful; consequently you manage to find the wonder in everything.

10. What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Just look around, it's everywhere. It's in a child's laughter. It's in a stranger's smile. It's in the taste of Ice Cream. It's in the warmth of the sun. It's in the hug of someone you miss. It's in a rainbow after the rain. It's in the memories we cherish. I can't define it because there aren't enough words in all the languages to explain it. It's always there, we just have to choose to see it.


  • We're Talking about: The Super Typhoon in the Philippines. Thankfully our family is safe. 
  • We're Praying about: The Typhoon. The damage is devastating and heartbreaking 
  • We're Laughing about: Nothing seems funny today as I woke at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. UGH!
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you.