Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Sunshine Award

Welcome to my itty, bitty blog posted to the great, big World Wide Web. I talk about makeup, my illness, makeup, my husband's immigration, makeup, life, makeup and being happy. The amazing and beautiful Rodneya of Neya V Beauty Talk nominated little ol' me for the Sunshine award which makes me just grin ear to ear. Just in case you don't know her, Rodneya is an absolutely beautiful woman, an amazing blogger and a blossoming YouTuber. Please take the time to go check her out! The Sunshine Award is given to those who inspire us and bring sunshine into our lives. 
There are a few simple rules for the Sunshine Award:

1. Include Award Logo in or on your blog post
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate other bloggers to give this award



So without further ado, let's do this!


1. How long have you been blogging? Why did you start?

I have been blogging for 4 years now; but, it has only been within the past year that I have found my voice in blogging. I think that this year has been really great for me since my health is stable, my husband and I are finally together and I have a job I love. Once those things had fallen into place I was able to truly focus and find what I really enjoy because of that my audience has grown which thrills me. I began blogging as a creative outlet and coping mechanism for my chronic illness. Now, that I have solidified my coping skills I was open to finding what I love. 

2. Where do you get your inspiration from?


Truthfully, I think I get inspiration from everywhere. If I am moved by something, anything, I can easily find a way to turn it into a blog post. I find inspiration in reading other blogs, looking at pictures, reading magazines, in overhearing snippets of conversations, in colors and especially in all the other people I come with whom I come in contact. I truly take the time to look for beauty in everything I do; therefore, anything can spark an inspiration. 

3. What is your dream job?

I sincerely love what I do. Just in case you don't know I am a membership coordinator for a YMCA fitness center and I work part time. I work at a small branch where we see the same members day in and day out and we have the best members! We are a small family rather than just a fitness center. Plus my boss understands my medical condition and I am able to work a flexible schedule based upon my health.  No my job isn't perfect; there are difficulties with every job. However, my job is perfect for me. It meets my needs and I feel like I am able to make a difference in the lives of others. 




4. If you could date any celebrity who would you pick?

None. I would never want to live the life they live. I wouldn't want to have to put up with paparazzi. However, I would tell you that if I could spend the day with any celebrity it would be Lady Gaga. I took the photo below at one of her concerts; I've been to three. I love the fact that she is talented, she writes her own music, she was an outcast when she was younger, and she spreads a beautiful message of love and acceptance. 



5. If you could be on any TV show which one would you be on?

I would love to be on the Amazing Race with my sister. Since I was a travel agent, I obviously love to travel and I would do it with my sister because she absolutely loves the show. Plus, she's my sister. She was my first friend, my first cohort and my first confidante. She hasn't had the opportunity to explore the world as much as I have, so she deserves to experience more of the world. 




6. What's your favorite season for fashion?

It's a toss up between fall and spring. I love the fact that we have four distinct seasons in Oklahoma. Transitions are always welcome for me and I love layers, sweaters, scarves, accessories, etc. 

7. What's on your Christmas Wishlist?

Normally, I would explain that I don't have Christmas wishlist. I love more heartfelt gifts like a poem, old photos, a video you created or even a handwritten letter; but this is a beauty blog. So I will just let you know what products I'm lusting over. 

Foreo Luna
8. Foundation, eyeliner or mascara?

Mascara, definitely mascara; but it needs to be a really great mascara. I have blonde eyelashes and without mascara my eyes seem very very very tiny without mascara.

9. What's your favorite color?

Purple and pink or both together. 

10. How did you come up with the name for your blog?

Shalunya and Boyet are nicknames for myself and my husband. My husband's entire family calls him Boyet. My nickname Shalunya was gifted to me by my Russian teacher many years ago when I was in the Army. It looks like this шалунья in Cyrillic (Russian) and it means mischievous. Yes, I was fluent in Russian many years ago but я забыла (I forgot). Years later there was an 'adult' film titled Shalunya which is in no way, shape or form connected with me. For those that don't know my real name is Michelle Renee. Boyet's family knows me as Michelle or Mich and my family all calls me Renee or Nay. 



Now that's out of the way. Let's talk about to whom I'm presenting this award.

Saffy from SaffyStyle
Jannatul from Jannatul12
Lauren from The Life of Lauren
Tania from Make Up Maggie
Chelsea from Tiger Love Beauty


 Ladies, put your thinking caps on because these intriguing questions!

1. Tell us about your blog in one paragraph.

2. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?

3. You're having a fabulous dinner party. Which three celebrities would invite and why?

4. You are giving a motivational speech to a captive audience of thousands. What are you speaking about?

5. Tell us three really random things about you.

6. For one month, your blog can only be read by men. Give us a small sampling of what you'd write.

7. Show us a silly or quirky picture of you from when you are younger.

8. Does your immediate family and your close friends know that you blog? Do they read your blog?

9. Generations after you've passed your grandchildren discover your blog. What lessons could they learn from your blog?

10. Five years from now, are you still blogging? Is your content still the same? What goals have you achieved?


Now, go forth and conquer the world with love! Smile at a stranger and tell yourself your beautiful! Please follow me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.