Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? October 2013

Welcome to my happy little blog where I talk about conquering my chronic illness with beauty products and also talk a lot about finding beauty bargains. Ipsy is a perfect such bargain. Ipsy is a monthly subscription service where for only $10.00 a month they will mail you a bag of beauty goodies for you to sample. This month's Ipsy theme is the Art of Beauty which is a fantastic theme for this time of year. This might be my favorite Ipsy bag ever.

The first item in the Ipsy bag is the Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush. While it is priced at only $2.49 it feels like a well built brush. The fibers seem very soft and flexible. This is the first product from Coastal Scents that I have ever owed. I am looking forward to trying this brush out. 


I also received an deluxe sample size of Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay. This is "A non-traditional clay in a spray form. With this new innovative aerosol application it allows for a fine and even product distribution to achieve an allover textured look with a matte finish. This product is great for all hair types needing added texture and movement with a dry, non-waxy hold." According to their website. This 1.4oz size carries a value of $6.02. 


Next is the La Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser wipes. "Bye-bye dirt, oil and all those other drying cleansers. Hello fresh, clean, glowing skin. Paraben-free, Gently cleanses & detoxifies, Removes light makeup, Papaya, pineapple, cucumber, marshmallow, oat, aloe, chamomile extracts, and Vitamin C & Vitamin E, Natural yuzu citrus aromatherapy." The 8 wipe size have a value of $2.49 


A full size Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection eyeshadow palette. The palette is called Desert Festival which is a perfect fall palette. This palette has a nice mix of both matte and shimmer. The browns and corals are lovely warm shades. While this palette doesn't seem to pack quite as much punch as the Wet n Wild Color Icon shadows do, it still has great pigmentation. It does seem to have a bit of fall out but nothing to significant. I am really looking forward to playing with this palette. This palette sells for $4.99. 


Can we ooh and ahh over this color for a minute?!?! This is such a stunning shade of royal blue which Zoya describes as a metallic sapphire blue. I am really fond of Zoya polish and I am over the moon about this shade. These rich jewel tones are perfect for the fall. Zoya nail polish retails at $8.00 a bottle. 


While this Ipsy is not the most expensive bag I have received it is definitely my favorite. I am thrilled about everything in this bag! I am looking forward to using everything in this bag. For only $10.00 each month we get some great products every month. Plus Ipsy always sends cute bags which are great for keeping makeup necessities in your purse or gym bag. The value of this months Ipsy bag is $23.99.



  • We're Talking about: The fact that when I am focused I don't switch gears very quickly. Last night Boyet was adding items to my to do list on my phone while I was driving. He was asking serious questions and then he asked a funny sarcastic question but I took it seriously. Oh the joys of a broken brain.  ⊙﹏⊙
  • We're Praying about:  We hope that we are able to determining which job for Boyet will work out best for us. We are also hoping that the training I am conducting on Sunday will go smoothly and be effective. (˘ʃƪ˘)
  • We're Laughing about: Once again Boyet says the silliest things such as "What do you mean you're happy?" (@_@)
  • Keep following us here, on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.