Friday, September 20, 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes VS Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last

This post is going to be head to head showdown between the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner and the Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Liquid Eye Liner Pencil. I had heard such great things about the Rimmel Scandaleyes that I was inspired to purchase a few even though I typically don't wear pencil eyeliner as I have weepy eyes. The colors are stunning and I kept hearing how when they set they don't budge.



I had gotten adventurous enough to wear the darker shades on my upper lashline and to wear the nude shade on my water line. I was pleasantly surprised that Rimmel performed really well on my upper lash line and I really enjoy the way the nude one looks on my water line. 

Then one day I stumbled across the Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Liner. I figured for $2.49 even it was a mess that slides all over my eyes, it wouldn't be much of a loss. 


I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the Jordana liner didn't slide around. Again I just put it on my upper lash line. I wasn't quite ready to commit to going out in public with it on my upper and lower waterline. I know my eyes all too well.


One day when I didn't have to go to work, so I decided to put the Rimmel and the Jordana liners to the test. I wanted to see which one of the two performed better than the other. 



Jordana 12Hr VS Rimmel Scandaleyes
First and foremost, I wanted to make sure that they both had super black pigmentation. As you can clearly see both liners are equally dark black. 


No Liner and No Mascara

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) on the upper & lower lashline
Both liners slide on easily and are very creamy. So far the two liners are completely tied. They are both super dark and easy to apply. 

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) on my upper and lower waterline

Lining my upper and lower waterline looks and feels heavy to me. Since I have such weepy eyes I never line my upper and lower waterline. I know it will become a huge mess within hours. 

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) after 1 Hour

So far so good. Both are doing equally well both on the lash line and the waterline. I am pleasantly surprised that as of now nothing as has slid around. I will admit that I am surprised. with most liners (including super poplular high end liners like MAC and Urban Decay) they have slid around or just left altogether within 15 minutes. 

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) after 2 Hours
And there it is!!!! I'm surprised that it took two hours. Now you can clearly see why I don't use anything that isn't cement as eyeliner. I have yet to find any pencil that does not move around on my eyes. You can also see that there is some transfer from my top lash line onto my eyelid. While the Rimmel pencil obviously took a walk the Jordana one is doing really well. 

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) after 3 Hours
I did a quick clean up of the Rimmel underneath my eye and the transfer on both eyelids.  You can see that the Rimmel is starting to disappear on the outside of my waterline. While the Jordana is still going strong. 

Jordana (left) vs Rimmel (right) after 5 Hours
The Rimmel has once again starting transferring from my top lash line to my eyelid. You can also see that the Rimmel is almost completely gone from my waterline. The Jordana, on the other hand, has just started leaving from the outside corner of my eye. 

While lining my waterline with a color other than nude will never be something I do on a regular basis, I can clearly say that I would only use the Jordana. This experiment clearly shows that for my eyes Jordana is the clear winner. Now from what I understand Milani and Jordana are made by the same company. I expected to them both to perform equally. I can honestly say that I am truly impressed by the staying power of the Jordana liner. I am shocked that one of the cheapest pencil liners on the market out performs even high end pencils. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.