Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wet N Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color


Recently I discovered that Dollar General is has an exclusive line of Wet N Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color. So I set out to discover what I could find. Well, of course I found some from the new line and some from their permanent line that needed a new home at my house. The two polishes on the right with the pink 'new' sticker on them are two of the polishes from the new collection. Nouveau Cheap has photos of some of the other shades. These are the four that came home with me. 



The first shade is Hot Candy and it is what is currently gracing my fingertips. It appears as neon pink in the bottle but when you put it on your nails it leans more towards a neon coral shade. It is cream formula with no shimmer or glitter. 



Next up is Limelight which is a neon green with gold micro glitter. I could not get it photograph true to color. It is absolutely stunning in person. I am not sure I would ever really wear green on my nails but this shade has definitely changed my mind. 



Next up is Luck a l'Orange whose name is a fun play on words (Duck a l'Orange). It's cute because the shade reminds me of the color of duck beaks. I digress; the shade is a bold orange color with gold micro glitter.  Orange is not a shade I gravitate towards in polish but this one is just gorgeous and had to come home with me. 




The final shade I purchased was Mallrat (gotta love that name). It's a deeper bright pink shade than Hot Candy. It leans towards neon but when next to Hot Candy; it's not nearly as neon. This is also a cream formula with no shimmer or glitter. I realize that it's really close to Hot Candy but I just had to get both as Mallrat is a more 'wearable' shade. 


These polishes are available at Dollar General for $2.00 each. Even if you aren't crazy about these shades you should stop by Dollar General just to see what shades they have available. This Wet N Wild formula is fantastic. Most of the shades are fully opaque in just two coats but a few shades require three. They seem to have decent staying power and you get a generous amount of product especially for the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.