Monday, August 5, 2013

Stash or Trash? Empties Summer 2013


The Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum is a fantastic, bargain product that helps keep my frizz at bay. Every single time I shower I work one pump of this serum through my hair. I have tried several expensive serums to help control frizz and this is the one that works the best for my hair. The entire Suave Professional Keratin line is absolutely amazing, the dry shampoo from this line is the only dry shampoo I use. I have enjoyed the shampoo and conditioner as well. The Smooth & Shine serum, however, is my favorite by far. This is a fantastic serum at any price; but you absolutely cannot beat the price. It's less than $3.00; however, I would be willing to pay much, much more for this. I highly recommend taking the time to check out the Suave Professionals line. They are quality products at an incredibly reasonable price. I would repurchase this but I already have 3 bottles on stand by. I received coupons and managed to purchase 4 bottles of this at only $0.88 each! This is definitely STASH! I will always have a bottle on hand. 


MAC Superglass in Sweet Tart. I know that this is a very popular gloss. As you can clearly see I have plenty of gloss left; my problem is that there are large chunks of glitter in this gloss. When the gloss wears off I am left with chunks of glitter stuck to my lip leaving me looking rather odd. This gloss is going "Back to MAC". For those that don't know if you return 6 empty containers to MAC you are allowed to choose a free lipstick from an in store counter or a lipstick or eyeshadow from a free standing store. Obviously, TRASH if I didn't finish using it.


The Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray is an amazing product. It does a great job of keeping your makeup from sliding around on your face and it helps your makeup last all day. I spray a couple of sprays on my face after I have completely finished my makeup. If I am attending a special function or need my makeup to truly last without fail, I will spray my face prior to applying my makeup and spray it again after I am finished. Although it isn't mattifying it doesn't leave the skin shiny. It is oil free and paraben free. It doesn't seem to have any smell which is great. I have allergies and smells tend to bother me. The Urban Decay All Nighter is made by Skindinavia and is available at Ulta and Sephora. It is an amazing product and I am so thankful to have discovered it. I am currently trying out a few other makeup setting sprays; but I can easily say that this is STASH as I would purchase it again and again. 





The L'Oreal HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner is a great cream eyeliner and I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. It has a deep black smooth formula that lasts well and goes on easily. I do believe these have been discontinued; however I really enjoyed this cream liner.  I, also, enjoyed their eyeshadow duos. I really enjoyed everything I tried in the HiP range of the L'Oreal line. I am not sure why it wasn't more popular than it was. I would say it's stash but you can no longer purchase it.  So, regretfully, I guess that makes it TRASH. 



The Clean & Clear; Finishes, Mattifying Cleanser is a cleanser for oily skin. It claims that it controls shine all day. I never found that it was particularly mattifying. It worked fine as a cleanser but there are other cleansers that I prefer. So I was glad I finally got through this cleanser. I found that this cleanser has a slight gritty texture without being exfoliating and I just didn't particularly care for it. Please excuse the stains and the price sticker remnants on this bottle. It's been shuffled around since I didn't particularly care for it.This Clean & Clear cleanser is TRASH. 

Oh MAC, what were you thinking and what was I thinking? These Big Bounce Shadows were horrible! They were patchy and they creased. It didn't matter if you wore a powder shadow on top or if you put a primer underneath these still creased. They contain chunky glitter and faded. So you would put them on in the morning and by lunch the creamy shadow would have settled into the crease of my eyelid and the glitter would still be clinging all over my eyelid. The formula of these was awful! I can't provide you with any explanation as to why I purchased this shadow but I never used it. I cleaned out the pot and I will send this TRASH back to MAC.


Why is it that when the MAC consultant applied this to my eyes it seemed to glide on with no problem? Once I got it home I could never use this MAC Greasepaint Stick in Charred Mauve. I found that it tugged on my eyelids and it also creased. It was difficult to work with from day one. This is a purchase that I definitely regret. It's just a lousy product. I have finally determined it is time to just give this back to MAC as well. At least it can help me get a free lipstick from MAC. This product is TRASH. I am glad to see it go.


I am proud to say that this is one heck of a gem! The ELF $1.00 eyelid primer works as well as an expensive high end primer. I have worn this one eye and used a high end primer on the other eye. At the end of the day, I could not tell any difference between the high end side and the ELF side. I had heard good things about this primer but I was still surprised that it worked as well as it does. Everyone should at least try this one.  I will repurchase this since it works so well but I have a few others I need to get through first. This is definitely STASH worthy.



The MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation is perfectly matched to my skin color which I absolutely love. The problem is that this formula is not the best for me. It settles into my fine lines, wrinkles and pores and it seems to evaporate from the remaining areas of my face. I have finally gotten through this bottle of foundation and will not be repurchasing this foundation. I would purchase the Pro Long Wear Foundation or even the Face and Body Foundation. The Studio Fix Foundation is just not right for me which makes it TRASH in my books. 
The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light is a truly amazing powder. I love how natural it looks on my skin. I truly enjoyed this powder and would purchase it time and time again as this is a fantastic powder. As you can see I have used every last little bit of this powder. I miss this powder already; i just finished it days ago. I would glad repurchase this powder; but, I have several other powders before I buy any powder. This empty compact will be going back to MAC as well. This MSF Natural is most definitely STASH worthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.