Friday, August 23, 2013

So You Wanna Go Nude?

So, you wanna go nude? A nude lip is the simplest to wear. Ohhh...... you thought I was talking about your clothing choices? Sorry about that. I am talking about wearing a great nude lipstick. I love a nude wearing nude lipsticks. My collection is full of nudes or variations of nudes. So I thought I would take the opportunity to help you navigate the world of nude lips and find the choices that are right for you.  This post covers the tan nudes in my collection. My post on pink nudes can be found here. 
IMG_9782


I will cover both tan nudes and pink nudes. This post will also cover a wide shade range from lighter to deeper nudes. This first grouping is 'Light to Medium Tan Nudes' and it includes MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2, Wet N Wild 360S Birthday Suit, ELF Mineral Rosy Raisin, MAC Ramblin Rose, Wet N Wild Bare It All, MAC Velvet Teddy and Rimmel by Kate Moss in 14. 
000Fotor0820213723
MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 is a cooler tan which leans toward peach in their amplified range. I wear NC15 in MAC foundations and this shade is too light for me to wear as a stand alone lipstick. This shade looks like I am wearing concealer on my lips. It, also, tends to settle into the lines in my lips and it doesn’t go on as smoothly as I would like.  looks like I am wearing concealer on my lips. I usually wear this lipstick paired with another lipstick that is too bright for my liking.
Fotor0820221428
MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2

Wet n Wild 360S Birthday Suit is a shimmery warm tan with a frosty finish. It has great pigmentation and sits well on the lips.  It goes on smoothly and wears well. I prefer darker, richer colors and I now prefer crème finishes over frosty finishes. This is an amazing lipstick to pop in the center of your lower lip to give you that full pouty look.
Fotor0820221646
Wet n Wild 360S Birthday Suit
ELF Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin is a warm light-medium tan with a crème finish. Rosy Raisin is just a tad lighter than my own natural lip shade. This formula glides on and feels so creamy on the lips. It had nice pigmentation which goes on sheer at first but it easily buildable without feeling heavy on the lips.
Fotor0820222858
ELF Mineral Rosy Raisin
MAC Ramblin’ Rose is a peachy tan which is almost rose gold with a frosty finish. This shade is loaded with micro glitter but does not feel gritty on the lips. It’s an absolutely beautiful shade that I prefer to wear in the center of the bottom lip for a great pout.  
Fotor0820223420
MAC Ramblin Rose
Wet n Wild 902C Bare It All is a warm light tan with a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and has a great wear time. You will want to wear a balm underneath as it is a bit drying. This shade is just lighter than my own natural lip color so it looks a bit unnatural on my lips. I usually wear this under a brighter gloss to tone it down a notch.
Fotor0820224612
Wet n Wild 902C Bare It All
MAC Velvet Teddy is a warm tan with a touch of rose coloring with a matte finish. This shade is the tanner version of my own natural lip color. It goes on smoothly and looks amazing topped with a natural gloss. This is my favorite matte lipstick as it isn’t too drying. I do wear it over a balm. Velvet Teddy is my go to natural look lipstick.
Fotor0822114717
MAC Velvet Teddy
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in shade 14 is the crème version of MAC Velvet Teddy. It is the tan version of my natural lip color. I wear this color when I don’t need the longer wear of a matte lipstick. This lipstick is super smooth and creamy and feels great on the lips. It’s a great shade for a polished yet natural look.
Fotor082211535
Rimmel by Kate Moss 14
Now onto the the next grouping which is the ‘Medium to Dark Tan Nudes’ which includes L’Oreal Gilded Pink, MAC Viva Glam V, NYX Heredes, MAC Sequin, ELF Mineral Rustic Brick, MAC Viva Glam VI, ELF Fantasy and Milani Teddy Bare. 
000Fotor0820214118
L’oreal Gilded Pink is a medium tan  leans slightly toward rose with gold micro glitter and a shimmer finish. It goes on a bit sheer but builds quite nicely. It is smooth and sits nicely on the lips. The flecks of gold glitter look absolutely beautiful when they catch the light. This lipstick is easy to wear
01gildedpink
L'Oreal Gilded Pink
MAC Viva Glam V is a medium rose ran with micro glitter and a lustre finish. This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. It is a great lipstick for everyday wear and it suits my fair skin town quite well. It does go on a bit sheer but is buildable to fully opaque. This is my lips but shinier which I love.
01vivaglamV
MAC Viva Glam V
NYX Heredes is a medium peachy tan with a frosty finish. I prefer tans that lean rose rather than peach. It suits me just fine; it’s just not what I prefer. It is nicely pigmented and feels smooth on the lips.
01heredes
NYX Heredes MAC Sequin is the first MAC lipstick I purchased and is the only one I have repurchased. For me Sequin is my lips but better It’s a medium rose based brown and a frost finish. I normally don’t care for frost finishes but this particular one looks fantastic since it’s not overly frosty.
00sequin
MAC Sequin
ELF Mineral Lipstick in Rustic Brick is a medium red based brown with a crème finish. This formula is so smooth  and creamy. It has great pigmentation and it feels really great on the lips. I love this formula and this color works really well with my coloring.
00rusticbrick
ELF Rustic Brick
MAC Viva Glam VI is a slightly darker, more nighttime version of Viva Glam V. This is a reddish brown with a lustre finish. It applies a bit sheerer but is buildable. It’s a great natural color that draws slight attention and nice shine to my lips
01vivaglamvi
MAC Viva Glam VI
ELF Fantasy is medium dark brown with a crème finish. This formula is really nice and for only a dollar it’s absolutely amazing. This color is a little too brown for my liking; so I don’t wear it much. I tend to combine it with an opaque gloss in a lighter shade.
01fantasy
ELF Fantasy
The final lipstick in the tan category is Milani Teddy Bare which is a medium dark, cool brown with a crème finish. It is very opaque and looks amazing on the lips. I am not crazy about this shade either but I do occasionally wear it. It doesn’t appear quite as brown when applied to the lips. 
01teddybare
Milani Teddy Bare
That concludes all my tan based nudes. I hope I’ve helped you navigate the sea of nude lipsticks. Nudes truly are my favorite to wear since I am such a fair skinned girl.  This weekend I will post my pink based nudes since I haven’t covered any of them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.