Friday, August 16, 2013

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? August 2013



This month's Ipsy theme is Glamour Academy which isn't just for school girls. Professionals can also appreciate this month's bag. It's packed full of truly amazing products. This is definitely my favorite bag to date. I love the bag itself and it's loaded with Michael Todd, Urban Decay, Mica, Chella and Pixi. I am anxious to dive into this bag! 


My first product is the Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color Pencil. "The fine time on this sleek European-designed mechanical pencil has a creamy consistency that glides into place and can also be lightly smudged for a more natural look." This might be a bit too dark for me but I haven't tried it yet. Truthfully, I have never been consistent with doing my brows; but I really should be. This is a full size product and retails for $18.00.


The next product in my Ipsy bag is the Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in blackest black. "This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a 'push-up' effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula ensures that lashes are coated with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full colour. The cone shaped brush coats each lash evenly for the ultimate smudge-free, waterproof lash and eye definition.  Full size of .25 is $17.0 which makes this 0.105 oz size a $7.14 value.


Mica Beauty Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow in Bronze. This is a beautiful shimmery loose shadow which perfectly suits my fair complexion. These shadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talcs, oils and other fillers. I already own an 8 Stack in Tropical which I love. I was delighted to discover that Bronze was not a shade I already owned. These are easily my favorite loose shadows. I wore Bronze yesterday and received a lovely compliment on it. This is a full 0.10 oz size which sells for $14.95.


The Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub is a "unique facial scrub formulated with Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal to effectively remove dead skin, impurities and toxins. Jojoba Wax Beads provide gentle exfoliation without leaving microlaceratoins on delicate skin. Highly absorbent Activated Charcoal penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. Refines texture and encourages skin renewal, leaving skin smooth and refreshed." This 1.0 oz size retails for $5.29.


The Urban Decay Revolution lipstick "delivers the pigment-rich Urban Decay color you crave in insanely gorgeous shades that look amazing on any skin tone. It delivers insane color payoffs plus creamy shine. The Pigment Infusion System gives the formula its super creamy texture, insane pigmentation, superior color dispersion and extended wear. Maxi-Lip defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. A nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. The shade range includes everything from gorgeous nudes to bold brights." The full size sells for $22.00 which makes this 0.04 oz size in Anarchy worth $9.78. 



This month's Ipsy Glamour Academy bag is by far the most expensive bag I have ever received. I am absolutely in love with everything in the bag; it's definitely my favorite bag. Ipsy has truly outdone themselves and I am not sure they will be able to top it. This bag is valued at over $55.00 !!!! I say that definitely makes it well worth my $10.00 subscription price.

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? July 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? June 2013 
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? May 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Apr 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Mar 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.