Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Son

Dear Son,


You're determination to do things your way has always been clear. You chose 2:53 am as the appropriate time to enter your world. You hated the clear bassinets that all babies sleep in while in the hospital. You were a ham from the minute you were born and you loved to be the life of the party. Your obsession for pushing buttons began early in life.



 You demanded to wear a tie on your first day of kindergarten, although I couldn't get you in one now to save my soul. You're the only kid that actually read the package before playing with his new Transformer. You're love of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was rivaled only by your love of video games. 


You were the only three year old I knew that cussed loudly at video games, much to my horror. You couldn't get enough of talking on the phone when you were a toddler but by now you've forgotten how to actually call your Mom.

When I just needed a moment of peace to collect myself you would demand my utmost attention. While most kids were constantly driving their parents crazy, you were sharpening your wit. You would do something to irritate the heck out of me and then you'd deliver your favorite zinger, "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Your timing has always been impeccable. 





But for everything you demanded of me, what you gave in return I can never repay. You showed me the world through your eyes. You reminded me that everyone should see things so simplistically. You challenged everything I knew to be true about life and then showed me it was better than I knew was possible. 


I'm blessed to be your Mom. Thanks for 24 amazing, crazy, demanding, nonsensical and downright fun years. Just keep being you. Don't ever let this harsh, cruel world take away your amazing sense of humor. I love you more than words can say.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CRITTER!!!



P.S. Call your Mom every now and then, or at least text her!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.