Friday, August 30, 2013

August 2013 Favorites


August is coming to a close and fall is right around the corner. This has been a very busy month for me so I have kept a fairly simple makeup routine. It almost felt as if I were in a rut because I simple kept reaching for the same things over and over again.

August 2013 Favorites
The Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette is an absolutely stunning highlight. It's a beautiful champagne color that has just a hint of rose. It goes on very subtly or you can build it up until it positively glows.

The Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream is by far my favorite western BB cream. It does a beautiful job of helping even out skin tone as is evident in the photo below. You can clearly see that I have a large blue vein on the back of my hand. It's easy to tell where the BB cream starts because the blue decreases while the finish remains very natural looking. The color match is perfect for my fair skin. 


This month I have really enjoyed layering my blush. I love layering powder blush over the ELF cream blush in Vixen. It's the most bizarre texture. It's a cross between a lightweight mousse and playdough. Just a light tap or two of the ELF small stipple brush into the cream blush is all you need. It blends easily with the stipple brush and looks so natural on the cheeks. You can wear this cream blush alone or with a powder layered over the top. The swatches below are heavy swatches so they show up well in photographs.


I have been thoroughly enjoying the Tarte Starlet Palette this month. It offers such a variety of shadows and has two of their Amazonian Clay blushes. The looks you can achieve with this palette are endless and the quality of the products is amazing.Tarte shadows are creamy and blend very easily. This palette overs a nice variety of natural shadows with a few subtle blues and greens.


The only brow bone highlight I used this month is the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte. It's a fantastic highlight or it adds a beautiful shimmer if you are having a light makeup day but want a little shimmer on your eyelid.
.


My favorite lip combination of the month has been the Starlooks Lipliner in Tickle Me Pink, MAC Prolongwear in Unlimited and ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Miami. It is such a beautiful combination that I wore it 7-8 times this month. It's a lovely, bright rose color that isn't too bright for my fair skin.







I hope you have had a fantastic August and a fantastic summer. I'm looking forward to fall, cooler temperatures, football, boots, scarves and jackets.

Looking for your next nude lipstick? Check my posts on tan nudes and pink nudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.