Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

Until recently I had not tried the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman.  Then I happened to stumble upon a Buy 1 Get 50% off sale at Ulta.  I also had rewards points to use for a discount.  I didn’t go in to Ulta with purpose of purchasing anything; alas, I don’t know that it’s possible to not purchase anything when going into Ulta. 
Fotor061921237Then something magical happened.  I saw a lash and brow groomer and the lash comb had metal teeth! I’d heard that Sonia Kashuk has one but I’ve never seen one in my Target.  So when I saw that the Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer has one I was mesmerized.  I hate lashes that cling and clump together.  It’s a huge pet peeve of mine.  So I have been known to use a push pin to separate my lashes.  I know it’s not the safest thing but, you know, it works!  So I knew I had to have this Lash and Brow Groomer because I could have the strength of a metal tooth with the safety of a beauty tool.  Plus, we all know that those plastic teeth just end up breaking off rendering it completely useless.
Fotor0619213148Since there was a sale on I decided to treat myself to a couple of new brushes.  I’d heard great things about the brushes and decided to try them out.  The Real Techniques Blush Brush boasts a unique egg shaped brush with extremely soft, layered bristles.  What I have discovered about this particular blush brush is that it makes using a light hand that much easier.  I am extremely fair skinned and highly pigmented blush can be difficult for me to wear. This brush makes application a dream by picking up just the right amount for me to sweep across my cheeks.  The $8.99 price tag doesn’t break the bank either!
Fotor0619213754The Real Techniques Powder Brush, $9.99,  is easily the largest brush in my collection.  I have been extremely pleased with how easy it is to dust powder all over to set my foundation.  It’s easy to tell that a makeup artist, Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo, has designed these brushes.  They have sturdy handles and the ferrule (the copper colored part) extends beyond most.  This is important as some brushes have a problem with the handle coming loose from the ferrule.  The another common problem with brushes is shedding.  None of the brushes I have purchased from this collection have lost one bristle. 
Fotor0619213344
Another brush I picked up is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, $8.99. This brush is designed for cream and liquid foundation.  Until I purchased this brush, my most commonly used foundation application method was a toss up between my fingers and the Beauty Blender.  I don’t like getting my fingers all messy and it’s a hassle to wet the Beauty Blender.  This foundation brush has solved both of those problems.  It does a great job of applying foundation evenly and without streaks.  I will admit that I was skeptical because stippling brushes leave streaks; but this brush leaves a flawless, streak free finish!

Fotor0619214213
Last but not least is the Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer.  The metal teeth on this lash comb are amazing.  Everyday my lashes want to group together and everyday these teeth gently separate them.  They aren’t glued together by mascara and are free to flutter.  I am free to admire each and every lash as individuals, the way they were meant to be!  The brow brush is firm but not harsh.  How can you not appreciate the fact that part of the bristles are purple.  Functional and cute.  This tool has it all!  This is by far the most perfect lash and brow tool and it’s a steal at only $5.99.  Just run to your nearest Ulta (or online if you don’t have one nearby) and buy it.  You won’t be disappointed and it won’t let you down. 
I am more than pleased with all four of my Real Techniques brushes and I look forward to collecting even more in the future.  They were a bargain by combining sales, rewards points and coupons.  For all four brushes I paid a total of $13.46 + tax.  How you ask? I purchased the blush brush, $8.99,  and the lash comb, $2.99 at 50% off, on my first Ulta trip.  I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon from their flyer that they mailed to me and used 100 rewards points for $3.00 off.   This left me with a balance of $5.48 for both brushes.  My next trip, the following day, I purchased the powder brush, $9.99, and the face brush, $4.49 at 50% off.  I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon from the key ring app on my android and used another 100 rewards points for $3.00 off.  This left a balance of $7.98 + tax.  I am completely thrilled with my new brushes and my wallet is thanking me for making such a frugal purchase.

IMG_9928

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.