Monday, June 17, 2013

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? June 2013



June's theme for the Ipsy bag is 'On the Wild Side.'  It is very appropriately named with bold pops of color, sparkling glitter, and an animal print bag!  I love this theme and I love this bag.  This $10 per month subscription bag is loaded with fun products that aren't for the feint of heart. This bag begs us to answer the call to the wild side and boldly try new looks this summer. Why not?  Summer heat, summer romance and summer fun begs us to go bold or stay home.  I am looking forward to embracing the wild and trying some fun looks with this month's products.  



I am going to jump right off the deep in and go for the gusto first thing.  The J Cat Cream Palette really packs a punch.  Full of shine and sparkle this glitter filled cream palette's recommended purpose is for body art.  The swatches on top are without primer.  The swatches on bottom were swatched over the LA Splash Splash Proof Sealer which is basically cosmetic grade glue.  The J Cat Cream Palette in Suzie retails for $4.49.  The gold and copper colors are perfect for a beach bound golden goddess.  So what exactly this land-locked Okie is going to do with it? I can't say at this moment.  Please use extreme caution if using this palette around the eyes.  Apply these glitter creams over a coordinating eyeshadow for full on color with gorgeous sparkle and set with any makeup setting spray.  




Next, the J Cat Eyelashes, valued at $3.99, will enhance your eyes and bringing them into sharp focus.  These EL66 lashes are full and dramatic.  Use with caution during the day as you may get more attention than you bargained for.   I am normally not a fan of glue that come with any eyelashes.  However, I am willing to give this one a try.  I prefer black eyelash glue and am impressed with the packaging!  It is so much easier to apply the glue with a stiff stick rather than to try to squeeze the right amount out of a tube.  So far I am very pleased with the lashes and I am looking forward to wearing them.


Another fantastic eye product that I am truly looking forward to is the Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in purple.  With a retail value of $21.00 the stunning color of this gel eyeliner will certainly   get noticed.  The deep purple shade will work quite well with my darker green eyes.  This formula dries to a waterproof and smudge proof long wearing finish.  Since I have terribly weepy eyes, I am looking forward to putting this eyeliner to the test.  I have yet to find a gel or cream eyeliner that can hold up for hours under my bottom lash line.



Next up is the NYX blush in Angel.  Don't let the $5.00 price tag fool you, this blush is pigmented, silky and wears like a dream.  This shimmery coral color is amazing for spring and summer.  I am thrilled to have received the powder blush as it's my favorite NYX blush formula.  I don't own Angel and I am in love with this color.  It could be too light for darker skinned ladies but it suits my fair skin perfectly.  I want to run to the nearest Ulta and pick up several more shades because I had forgotten just how fantastic this formula is.  Ipsy you hit a homerun with this one!  It's awesome! 


Last but not least is the Starlooks Lip Pencil.  This creamy pencil glides across the lips without tugging or pulling.  Starlooks is a brand which is new to me and I am blown away by the pigmentation of this lip pencil.  Tipsy is a bright coral color which will look great with the NYX blush in Angel. I will say that I am a bit nervous about the color as it's much brighter than anything I normally wear.  I don't have any lipsticks that are this bright but I will fill in my lips with Tipsy before topping it with a gloss.  I will let you know how it goes! The Starlooks Lip Pencil retails for $12.00 



The value of the "On the Wild Side" June Ipsy bag is over $46.00. Well done Ipsy.  This is by far the highest valued bag I have received.  I am a bit nervous of the bright lipliner and the glitter palette but I am willing to give it a try. Even if they don't work well for me I am still in crazy about the other products I received.  I can honestly say that I adore my Ipsy subscription.  Every month I have enjoyed at least 3 of the 5 products and I love trying products I wouldn't otherwise purchase for myself.  If you are looking into just one subscription service I would highly recommend Ipsy.


These products were purchased by myself with the intend to enjoy them. Please follow me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram for your daily dose of positivity.

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? May 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Apr 2013
Ipsy, Is It Worth It? Mar 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.