Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Budget Beauty, CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara

I recently came across the CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara at my local CVS.  I am an avid couponer and managed to pick up this mascara for basically half price!!  I love my CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher but the Flamed Out is not part of the Lash Blast line; therefore, I am not sure how well it will perform.  Luckily, I won't feel too bad if it doesn't work since I didn't pay more than four dollars for this mascara.
First let's discuss packaging.  I love the bold eye catching colors on the package and the words Max Volume certainly get my attention.  I would love to find a mascara that can actually provide volume without clumps and still give me the length I desire.  I suspect that my dreams are much greater than the abilities of mascara producers.   I will admit that I am not a fan of the red and pink combination.  I am certain that this is due to the fact that when I was growing up my Mother explained time and time again that you don't wear red and pink together.  I know that this is seen as old fashioned but I just can't get my Mom's voice out of my head every time I look at this mascara.  Other than this the tube seems to be a standard no frills mascara tube. It's round, a little chubby and does it's job well.  The best way I can describe the wand is that it is shaped like a voluptuous woman with an hourglass body.  I can honestly say that this is the first mascara I have ever owned with a wand with this particular shape.  I purchased color 300 Very Black Blaze as I prefer my mascara very black in order to make my very blonde lashes actually visible.





This mascara is a drier formula.  It's not as dry as say Tarte's Lights, Camer, Lashes or CoverGirl's LashBlast Fushion.  The wand, even though oddly shaped, does a good job of distributing the mascara.  I will admit that I prefer rubber bristled mascara as it seems to help separate my lashes which love to clump together when any mascara is applied.  But this weird little hourglass shaped one manages to get the mascara on without needing excess use of an eyelash comb. 
 
The first time I wore this mascara I volunteered an outdoor wine tasting event.  It was a warm still evening and I did quite a bit of moving around.  I will explain that I ALWAYS have a problem with my bottom lashes smudging.  I tend to have weepy eyes due to allergies and I have never tried a mascara that didn't become a big mess underneath my eyes.  I have tried everything to keep mascara from smudging but have had little to no success.  I am extremely pleased to tell you that the only thing I applied to my bottom lashes was CoverGirl Flamed Out mascara and it did not smudge at all.  This mascara didn't flake or smudge.  I am completely surprised by this mascara.  This is now officially my go to mascara for my bottom lashes. There is only one small big problem.  The wand is too large for my bottom lashes.  I cannot get all the tiny lashes in the corner without getting mascara all over my eyes. I guess I could use disposable mascara wands.



As you can clearly see my natural lashes are so blonde that they are barely visible.  My eyes almost don’t exist when I have no makeup on.  They seem so tiny. So I need a deep black mascara that really performs well.  That being said, I really love the length provided by Flamed Out. It also does a good job of avoiding clumps.  I feel it could be a tad more volumizing. It looks good in pictures but in person it’s a bit sparse.

On the left: 3 coats.  On the right: no mascara.

There are only two goals for bottom lash mascara.  To color my invisible blond lashes and to not smudge as the raccoon eyed look is not my style.  This mascara does both beautifully. In short, I love this mascara for my bottom lashes.  I like it on my top lashes but it doesn't give me quite the volume I was hoping for.  I will definitely always have a tube of CoverGirl Flamed Out in my stash as it's the only bottom lash mascara I have ever found which does not smudge!! Thank you CoverGirl!!



I voluntarily purchased the CoverGirl Flamed Out mascara with my own funds and will continue to purchase it.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.