Friday, August 3, 2012

Wedded Bliss

IMG_7963Boyet and I decided to forgo all the fuss and expense of an elaborate wedding.  We realize that the most important aspect is the MARRIAGE not the WEDDING. We still have so many steps to complete our journey from our single lives to the life we want to establish with for ourselves and our children.  Twenty years from now will we regret that we didn’t have a big, fussy IMG_7964wedding? It’s doubtful.  Truthfully speaking, in order for us to be completely happy with a ‘wedding’ we would want his family and my family to attend.  But it simply isn’t a reality.  So instead we decided to just go to the courthouse for a simple, quiet wedding. There were a total of three people in attendance.  My sister, Tammy, my niece, Kaitlyn, and my friend, Mary.  My son had just started a new job and was unable to attend.  Sure I would have loved to have had all of my family and friends in attendance but it would have been too complicated and too costly for everyone. 

IMG_7972_3We have struggled for so long to be together. We have known for quite a while that we want to build a long and happy future together. Our wedding was just a confirmation of what we alreadyIMG_7977_2 knew to be true in our hearts.  We are thankful than we had an opportunity to get married so quickly so that we can focus on our next step in Boyet’s immigration process.  Because even though he is now in America and we are married; we still have a long journey ahead of us.  The next step is to file what is known as an adjustment of status (AOS) which will require IMG_7984_2another mountain of paperwork.  This will change Boyet from a visitor on a visa to a permanent resident and provide him with a ‘green card’ which is required in order for him to obtain employment.  Once he has obtained his ‘green card’ we will begin the paperwork process for his two beautiful daughters.  So even though we are together now, we still have a lot that we need to accomplish.

IMG_7989_2I am so loved and so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life.  I have never been happier and I am so thankful that we have come this far in our journey to build a life together.  Our hearts are completely intertwined and are so full of love.  We would like to extend our gratitude to our families and friends who have stood by our side thus far in our journey.  We love all of you and are thankful for all of the love, support and prayers you have given us.  We are so blessed to have such loving people in our lives. 

IMG_7967_2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.