Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The quiet beauty of Lake Eufaula


IMG_74601

Lake Eufaula in eastern Oklahoma is a large manmade lake that serves as host to my parents lake house ‘Burning Acre’ for twenty years.  
2012 Burning Acre1992 Burning Acre











The pictures above show the extent of the changes made over the past 20 years.

IMG_7618IMG_7623











It’s a welcome reprieve with two large porches, a large boat shed, an outdoor fish cleaning station and a well manicured lawn.  We are blessed to have such a great place a short 90 minute drive from where we live.  It is a wonderful place to come and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

IMG_7622IMG_7620












Mom and I both pack up our sewing machines and enjoy the opportunity to sew together while discussing life and reminiscing.  Miss Chloe, I am working hard to get this chevron quilt finished so I can send it to you.

But the real reason Dad works so hard on this place:

IMG_74691IMG_74241

THE FISHING!




















My Dad is an avid fisherman who molds and paints his own weights. He knows where to go and when the fish are running (in the picture above they break the surface).  However, he is usually outfished by his lovely bride. Go get ‘em Mom!

IMG_7407IMG_74361






















Dad’s Merc on his pontoon boat.  It was such a beautiful day to be out on the boat! It was a crystal clear day with calm water. It felt great to be out in the sun and it wasn’t too hot. The lake was calm and the sky was blue  It was a perfect day to be out on the boat.


IMG_74851IMG_7446

 

 

 

 


 


I thoroughly enjoyed being out on the boat with my parents and enjoying the calm, clear day. Apparently, the fish were enjoying a lazy day as well; because, unfortunately, the fishing wasn’t so great. Fortunately for me, it was a perfect day to catch plenty with my camera.

IMG_7476

As the sun starts setting my captain steers us back to the dock after a great, although unsuccessful, afternoon of fishing.  Thanks Dad for a great time

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.