Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin!

In 9 days, 7 hours and 6 minutes I will leaving to see Arnold. Granted it takes over 29 hours of travel time to get there, but I will be on my way.  It has been nine long months since I have seen him which is difficult.  We do Skype everyday, of course, but it’s not the same as being able to touch each other.  I miss just holding his hand.  Touch is very important to me since I have a chronic illness and frequent pain. I have learned some great techniques to remove myself from the pain I experience but it is much easier to do when I have an alternate sensation to focus on, such as his hand lightly rubbing me.  So I am so excited to go on vacation with him.  Plus, this time I get to bring my son with me as well.  It will be the first time that all five of us, Arnold, my son, Arnold’s two daughters and myself have been together! So I am going to enjoy every second of it!
I wish today had been spent preparing a few things for my upcoming trip.  Instead I spent the day in bed or the recliner with terrible pain and a burning desire to crawl out of my own skin.  I was irritable, emotional and generally miserable.  Luckily, I didn’t have too much on my ‘to do’ list for the day. The biggest thing I needed to accomplish was to prepare Arnold’sIMG_4468 Visa paperwork so that I can give them to him when I see him.  There were several questions that Arnold needed to answer.  So while we were Skyping I would pose the questions to him and note the answer on our form. Now, I know how frustrating government forms can be. I worked for the government for several years.  But Arnold is new to this and I wasn’t feeling so well.  Eventually there were tears involved but they were about my frustrations because I felt awful and couldn’t communicate clearly to him. Thankfully, all the questions have been answered and both Arnold and I are now chasing down supporting documents. 
There was one bright spot in an otherwise difficult day.  When my health becomes challenging my computer is my best weapon in keeping myself calm and entertained. From 419542_257156544363142_100002063955974_562806_233128706_nthe comfort of the recliner, I was playing a little Texas Hold’em Poker on Facebook when Casanova came looking to cuddle.  Soon he was curled up on my lap and watching the cards be dealt.  If you didn’t know better it would be easy to assume he is reading the table.  It was a great mindless time-passer. The bad news is that we lost about $100k in pixel chips.  I think its safe to say he’s not my maneki neko.
Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.