Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saemangeum Seawall & Yellow Sea

Today we drove the few short miles to the Saemangeum Seawall which is the longest man-made seawall.
IMG_0801_2
Unfortunately, the humidity was so thick that there were times we couldn’t even see the horizon.
IMG_0781
There are two roadside parks along the seawall, Sunset Park and Dolphin Park. We stopped at both.
IMG_0795_3

Sunset park houses this charming gazebo with an adorable pagoda roof. The woodwork is not yet painted but I still love the architecture of it.
 IMG_0811
While we were at Sunset park there was a bus load of Korean workers who were picking weeds along the roadside.  Who needs roundup when you have a crew this size!!! If one looks at this photo you will notice a worker in black pants that has a red circular thing hanging over their bum.  This is a seat for comfort when they sit on the ground!! They are very inventive and ingenious here.
IMG_0809

Next we stopped at Dolphin Park. They have this adorable whale tale statue!!
IMG_0859
Of course we had used it for photo ops!

IMG_0820_2
We took a short walk to the edge of the park and I love the perspective of this photo. It’s like the sidewalk goes on forever.
IMG_0830_3
We then climbed down on the rocks closer to the water.

IMG_0853
At least some of the humidity burned off and we were able to see the horizon.
IMG_0835

3 comments:

  1. I think the never-ending sidewalk is awesome. I also love the long slope of the rocks on the other side of the rail. Looks like it was a beautiful location!

    I also wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog today. I really enjoy reading yours. Thanks!

    http://annie-babble.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.