Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lotte Mart………..

Lotte Mart is the Korean equivalent our WalMart or Target.  Today we decided to take a trip over there because I am on the hunt for Korean notecards.
On the drive over we pass several apartment complexes.  These are nothing like what we are accustomed to.  They are huge and I cannot imagine living in monster buildings like these. 102_4464
I am trying to determine how many people could possibly live in just one of these buildings and I don’t think it’s possible.  Plus this particular complex has about a dozen buildings.
102_4465
The weather today was a bit warmer today than it has been; not that you can tell by this picture.
102_4466
This looks more like Seattle weather than Gunsan City, Korea! One of the biggest challenges with driving in Korea is that the road signs are in Korean!!!
102_4467_2
Go Figure!!! Once inside Lotte Mart we spied all sorts of goodies!! Like Hello Kitty candy for Mary.
102_4470
Korean Ghee-Hos (Cheetos) for my niece Kaitlyn.
102_4473

 Lotte Mart is actually three floors of shopping fun.  Now, one could wonder how you would take your shopping cart with you on all those floors; but, Lotte Mart has solved that problem.


102_4474
It’s like an escalator but it’s flat so your cart can ride with you.  Who knew??
Korea is full of wonders and apparently, I am amused by some of the simplest things because I found this building adorable!!
102_4475
You must admit, it’s a very cute building!



Quote of the moment: Choose the World You See, and See the World You Choose. ~Jonathan Huie

1 comment:

  1. Wathing my granddaughter, Brookie, stepping in a patch of clover and she thought is cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.