Friday, April 9, 2010

Gunsan City Tour……………

102_4492First, let me say that I spent 3 hours in the dentist’s office on an emergency basis yesterday.  I have a canal that went bad in part due to the fact that they didn’t fill the root all the way to the bottom 8 years ago. Luckily the dentist I saw was great and even emailed to check on me today.  I was scheduled to go on the Gunsan City Tour today and they almost charged me  double to bring my “friend” (my extra, very swollen cheek).  I wasn’t about to let a little thing like a very swollen cheek stop me from enjoying the tour and a beautiful day outside.
102_4546_2
So took my drugs and jumped on the bus for the tour.  Our first stop was Enupa Park. 
102_4507_2
It’s a beautiful park at the edge of the water with great things to do like paddle boating, fishing, walking, jogging, exercise stations (elliptical machines, stationary bikes) an amphitheater, and art displays. 
102_4496_2 
The swan paddle boats for up to four people are too adorable.
102_4503_2
102_4504_2 
Right in the middle of the park there is a series of shops and food vendors.  Our small bus can be spotted on the right side of this photo.
102_4512
This beautiful bridge is featured in an amazing light display at night. 
Korea Gunsan City
Next we moved further into the city and stopped by Lotte Cinema.  Where they show American movies in English, like Green Zone, for 8000 Won which is less than $8.
102_4513
I have no idea what this next movie poster is for but I assume one of the kids will be able to tell me. 
102_4515
We then moved on to YeST mall.  It’s an outdoor mall but it’s more like an American mall.  We stopped for a snack and I had a small chocolate gelato at Caffe Ti Amo.  Yes, it was wonderful!!
102_4516_2
Next we moved on to the open air market. I will merely say that the meat section does NOT smell so great.  And yes they do sell dog! However, it is considered a delicacy and is very, very expensive.
102_4524_2
Nuts, dried spices, etc.

102_4542
Spices and seasonings.

102_4543
Next we headed to the Military and Maritime outdoor museum.
102_4551
They had several military vehicles and a retired Korean Naval Ship.
102_4566
The museum included American and Korean Military vehicles.
 
102_4550
We even stopped by the Korean dollar store.  I bought some Ramen, candy and Cheetos to send home to the kids.  Mary, you will just have to wait to see what the Hello Kitty packages contain.
102_4584 


Quote of the moment: Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that. ~Michael Leunig

1 comment:

  1. The superhero movie is Kick-Ass! :D Look up the trailer on YouTube. It looks AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.