Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sunning and Smiling about Oklahoma…

I am very, very, very proud to announce that I am officially a member of www.BlogOklahoma.com.  As of right now, I am the newest member and I couldn’t be more excited or proud.  My regular blog readers will notice the new Blog Oklahoma logo on my sidebar at the right.  Blog Oklahoma began July 25, 2003 as great place to celebrate bloggers from Oklahoma.  It has grown into an amazing web ring of blogs of every possible subject about Oklahoma or Oklahomans.  If one wants to know what’s truly in the hearts and on the minds of Oklahomans Blog Oklahoma is one terrific resource.  Thank you Blog Oklahoma, I am very pleased to be a part of such a great site.
The sun was out today; it was beautiful and warm.  Mom and I took a nice drive to the northside to go to Joann’s Fabrics.  We ran into a traffic due to construction and sat on the interstate for a few minutes and I grabbed the only camera handy…..my cell phone.
OKC012110-4 
I realize that these photos are far from professional but they are a very accurate depiction of what Bricktown and downtown Oklahoma City look like from the interstate.  As you can see it was a crystal clear day at the end of January when running around in our shirt sleeves was very comfortable.  It gave me a great reminder of just how amazing Oklahoma is.
OKC012110-1
As we sat there overlooking Bricktown, I realized what a truly amazing place Oklahoma City has grown up to be.  Bricktown is an amazing place to just go hang out, wander around in and out of shops, plenty of great places to eat, the canal, the theater and so on. I absolutely ADORE Bricktown. I remember as a child when Bricktown was a series of abandoned warehouses and the only business I truly remember is Piggy’s BBQ and the two dollar bills they always gave as change.  Today, Bricktown is alive and thriving!
OKC012110-3
I have realized all the little gems I miss about being in Oklahoma.  The restaurants!!! Oklahomans are blessed with a plethora of choices when it comes to dining out and there are so many local businesses and chains that are unbelievably AMAZING!  The lakes, the wildlife, the nature, the beauty.  There are so many reasons that Oklahoma is an amazingly beautiful state.   If you need a great reminder a short pictorial tour can be found HERE on youtube.  The people here are truly wonderful.  I could go on and on and on.  I’ve met a lot of people that wonder why I would miss living in Oklahoma.  I wish they could see it through my eyes. They would completely understand. 

2 comments:

  1. LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL BLUE SKY!!! You made me miss Teds & Pearls even more ;( AND YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice for someone to be talking about Oklahoma in a nice light. I really do love living here and it makes me sad when kids my age talk about how much it sucks.

    Love you, Momma! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.