Monday, January 18, 2010

Celebrating Champions……

102_3895

First I need to explain that we went with several members of the cheer squad to Billy Bob’s for some food and fun.  The girls had a blast.  Billy Bob’s is located in Ft Worth’s historic Stockyard Station.   They still actually drive a herd of cattle down the main street of Stockyard Station daily.  You can find some really interesting shops lining the train tracks where the cattle were loaded for transport.

102_3890


Katie even got to ride a horse!!! Ok, so it wasn’t a real one and we didn’t even give her a quarter for fear that she’d be thrown and left unable to compete with her cheer squad.

102_3925



After BBQ the girls enjoyed some  time on the dance floor.  Now most of them were attempting to do a two-step; but I can honestly say, that I have never seen most of these particular brand of variations!!!  Katie and Kylie giving each other a quick spin.

102_3906

Katie and Dara doing their version of the two-step. 


102_3921



Mary’s boyfriend tried to teach Kaitlyn to do a proper two-step; but my sweet Katie has no natural rhythm.

102_3914

Sisters, Katie and Kylie with my niece Katie all enjoyed several rounds on the dance floor together.

102_3931


I tried to teach Katie the Electric Slide but I am not sure she ever really got it.  We also danced the Charlie Brown, which is line dancing with instructions, and she still seemed like a fish out of water.  Sadly, I can report that there was no Cotton-Eyed Joe!!! UGH!!! But I can say that dancing with my niece was definitely one of the highlights of this trip, even if she does have two left feet.  Kaitlyn, I know I’ve been teasing you in my blog; but I love you dearly and I am so glad I got to experience this weekend with you.


102_3936












KatieCheer028

I am very, very, very pleased to report that the Raiders took home the first place trophy and brand new champion jackets. 
Way to go RAIDERS!!!!! 

KatieCheer011

2 comments:

  1. thank u aunt nae so much for going with us!!! i had a blast with u to:)! so i am very happy we took home our jackets too:) i love u to n i love the pics!!!!!

    `Kaitlyn marie simkins (neice)

    PS........
    gosh quit making fun of me ugh ...
    even though im the highlight of the day n makes everyone laugh even when my mom is mad at me ! lol love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.